Wrinkles and facial lines result from ageing, muscle activity and any genetic predisposition. In addition, excessive sun exposure, alcohol consumption, emotional and hormonal influences, and smoking can also increase the likelihood of wrinkles.
Whilst you may be able to reduce or control some factors, you cannot influence all factors and that’s why we all develop wrinkles as we age.
Bellissima Facial Aesthetics can offer professional consultations and treatments to reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. If you are interested in booking a consultation with Dr C V Elliott BDS, please contact us.
The cost will vary depending on the dosage required which is unique to each patient, but generally prices range from:
Anti-Wrinkle Injections/Botox Therapy Costs . . .
One Area: £195
Two Areas: Glabellar/Forehead: £245, Glabellar/Eyes: £275
Three Areas: £295
Botulinum is a substance that is produced by bacteria; it is then highly refined, purified, diluted and used in therapeutic doses. Botulinum is administered by injecting it into a specific facial muscle where it acts as a muscle relaxant.
After an initial consultation and examination, wrinkles are injected using a tiny needle which is easily tolerated by most patients, who find the injection causes mild temporary discomfort. Injecting takes only a matter of minutes; any marks from the needles fade shortly after, usually leaving no visible signs except in very rare cases sometimes a small bruise. Pre and post procedural advice and guidelines will be given to all clients.
Length of Procedure
For the initial visit, discussion, examination and treatment, approximately half an hour. The treatment is often completed within a few minutes, depending on the areas of treatment.
The overwhelming majority of patients walk out of the treatment room with just a few small red dots at the areas that have been injected. These typically take 15 minutes to fade – after that there is no sign to tell anyone that you have had an injection.
Botulinum toxin is safe in expert hands, and side effects of this treatment are rare. Occasionally a transient numbness may develop in the treated area. Mild temporary bruising or a temporary headache can also occur.
Best Areas for Application
The best results are obtained around the frown lines between the eyes, worry lines across the forehead and the crow’s feet lines around the outer eye area.
Not Suitable for
- Patients who have some rare neuromuscular disorders – such as myasthenia gravis and Eaton Lambert syndrome
- Patients who were on aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Pregnant women
- Nursing mothers
Frequently Asked Questions . . .
1) Is it true that Botulinum toxin lasts longer the more frequently you have it? A) For most people, yes. What is important is the interval between botulinum toxin injections; if you allow your motion to come back to 100% before getting another injection you probably will not see any long term lengthening results.
2) How long will it take to work? A) You may start to notice an effect after 2-3 days, however this varies by patient, and in some cases the full effect can take up to 2-3 weeks following treatment.
3) How long will the effects of Botulinum toxin last? A) Duration of effect varies by patient and depends on the severity of the condition being treated. For most people starting out, the injections work really well for about three months and then give diminishing returns for about another three to four months. Every patient is different, and also, different areas tend to have longer lasting results than other areas of the face.
Aftercare instructions:. . .
Both 24 hours before and after treatment avoid: Aspirin, Nurofen, Vitamin E tablets.
Directly after treatment avoid: Massaging the treated area for a minimum of 3-4 hours, Sun exposure until inflamation has settled and heavy alcohol consumption.
24 hours after treatment avoid: Strenuous excercise, massages of any kind including whilst washing and cleansing as normal.